Seniors’ Resource Center is looking for a Care Specialist to help support older adults living independently in their homes. The Care Specialist is responsible for ensuring that older adults in the Denver metro area have the information and resources necessary to age in place. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
SRC is dedicated to enhancing the independence, dignity and quality of life for seniors in the Metro Denver Area and surrounding communities. We believe seniors are a vital part of our community. At SRC we provide an array of services that enable older adults to remain in their homes and thrive. Services such as in-home care and adult daytime programs provide life enriching activities and support both older adults and their caregivers. We help older adults remain independent and engaged.
Location: Wheat Ridge
Job Type: Full time (M-F) Days 40 hours
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
Full-Time Benefits include:
- 25 days Paid Time Off (accrued) + Wellness Days
- 12 paid Development Days
- 9 paid holidays
- Affordable Medical Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401K plan with match
A Brief Overview
The Care Specialist helps to ensure older adults in the Denver metro area have the information and resources necessary to age in place. The Care Specialist will be a part of team that answers all incoming calls and listens to the needs of the callers to determine if they could benefit from SRC services or need a referral to another community organization. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
What you will do
- Listening to caller’s needs with compassion and patience
- Assessing caller’s needs to determine fit for SRC
- Comprehensive understanding of SRC services
- Comprehensive understanding of community resources
- Timely documentation
- Must have excellent customer service skills, ability to engage and build rapport with clients and referral sources over the phone, team player mentality, and ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Patience and understanding of the older adult community
- Position requires experience with Microsoft office, excellent writing skills, referral and outcome tracking, clear communication, and timely documentation.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple job duties concurrently and in an effective, efficient manner.
- High School Diploma or GED – Required
- 1 year or more – working with individuals with Dementia – highly desired
- Must be vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated to start – SRC is Federally funded and required to have all employees vaccinated. – REQUIRED
Our people are passionate about what they do, the services they provide, and the clients they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right organization for you.
To Apply: Please forward Resume along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. similarly, the following disclaimer may also be added: Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.