SRC will be hosting a Dementia 101: Reducing your Risk for Alzheimer’s/Dementia on Tuesday, November 19, 2019 from noon -1 pm in our Wheat Ridge office located at 3227 Chase Street in the Summit Conference Room.
- What is the difference between dementia and Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the most common types of dementia?
- What are the warning signs for dementia?
- Cognitive issues might not be dementia
- How to get a dementia diagnosis
- Dementia communication tips
- Caregiver challenges and self-care
- Resources available in the Denver area
- How we can make Denver more dementia friendly
- The latest hopeful research updates
- Things you can do right now to reduce dementia risk or delay onset
This engaging workshop will be hosted by JJ Jordan, the volunteer Community Chair for Dementia Friendly Denver. This is a national nonprofit collaborative introduced at the 2015 White House Conference on Aging whose mission is to make communities more dementia friendly, to reduce the stigma surrounding dementia, and to improve the quality of life for people living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia and their family care partners.
Please feel free to bring your lunch, and share this event with anyone you know who could benefit from this presentation.