Seniors’ Resource Center is looking for an experienced Accounting Professional to join our team. This position is responsible for accurate and timely processing of transactions. We are looking for an individual who has an outstanding work ethic, knows how to dig in, is a true team player, is reliable and dependable, and enjoys a fun & friendly workplace.
SRC is dedicated to enhancing the independence, dignity and quality of life for seniors in the Metro Denver Area and surrounding communities. We believe seniors are a vital part of our community. At SRC we provide an array of services that enable older adults to remain in their homes and thrive. Services such as in-home care and adult daytime programs provide life enriching activities and support both older adults and their caregivers. We help older adults remain independent and engaged.
Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Job Type: Flexible (M-F) Days 32- 40 hours
Pay Rate: $22.00 – $25.00/hour DOE
Full-Time Benefits include:
- 25 days Paid Time Off
- 9 paid holidays
- 12 Professional Development Days
- Affordable Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401K plan with match
A Brief Overview
The candidate must exhibit personal and professional integrity, honesty and trustworthiness, have a willingness to assist other team members when necessary, and be willing to learn new duties and accept responsibility for their assigned areas. A background in bookkeeping or general accounting (education and/or experience), and organizational and time management skills are required, and the ability and willingness to work as part of a team and accept instruction and guidance are necessary for success in this position.
The candidate must be open to new technology and its potential uses, and exhibit a willingness to evaluate existing policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations for improvement and enhanced efficiencies. The ability to recognize and identify an issue, develop and evaluate potential solutions, coherently articulate and defend their proposed solutions, and then actively implement agreed on solutions is required.
What you will do
- Work closely with finance personnel and operations managers to ensure accuracy
- Review files, identify delinquencies, take action to recover funds
- Accounts Payable coding and processing
- General Ledger analyzation, prepare roll-forwards and reconciliations
- Reconcile general ledger accounts receivable accounts to billing statements
- Evaluate and monitor general vendor relationships
- Submit, process, and reconcile vendor/client statements
- Post billing and cash receipts to the general ledger
- Document financial processes, procedures and related controls
- Generate, review and manage monthly receivable aging reports
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and procedures
- Process payroll
- Prepare cash deposits
- Perform other administrative and accounting tasks as needed
- Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree – highly desired
- 2 years or more General bookkeeping, AR or AP Experience – required (education may substitute)
- Familiarity with Medical Billing processes – required
- Experience with Medicaid and VA billing- highly desired
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data – required
- Payroll processing experience – required
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Outstanding math and research skills
- Basic project planning and execution
- Familiarity with general financial processes and procedure Knowledge of excel, word, adobe acrobat
- Knowledge of third-party billing programs is desired, but not required
- Not-for-profit accounting experience is desired, but not required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Personal integrity
- Willingness to work as part of a team Attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time Willingness to accept responsibility
- Willingness to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- Comfort with technology and willingness to learn new programs and applications Data collection and organization skills
- Ability to effectively plan projects and commitment to meet deadlines Ability to analyze problems and evaluate potential solutions Exemplary writing and speaking skills
- A general understanding of the relationships between balance sheet and income statement accounts Desire to increase professional knowledge and skills
Our people are passionate about what they do, the services they provide, and the clients they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right organization for you.
To Apply: Please forward Resume along with a Cover Letter to email@example.com
SRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. similarly, the following disclaimer may also be added: Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.