Seniors’ Resource Center is looking to hire four (4) Activities Coordinator to support our on-site services that assist older adults living independently in their homes with respite care. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
SRC is dedicated to enhancing the independence, dignity and quality of life for seniors in the Metro Denver Area and surrounding communities. We believe seniors are a vital part of our community. At SRC we provide an array of services that enable older adults to remain in their homes and thrive. Services such as in-home care and adult daytime programs provide life enriching activities and support both older adults and their caregivers. We help older adults remain independent and engaged.
Location: Wheat Ridge based
Job Type: Full time (M-F) Days 40 hours
Starting Pay: $15.00/hour
Full-Time Benefits include:
- 25 days Paid Time Off (accrued)
- 9 paid holidays
- Affordable Medical Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401K plan with match
A Brief Overview
The Activities Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of structured daylong activities. The Coordinator’s plan and implement activities for groups, based on individual participant needs, interests, abilities, and strengths.
What you will do
Activity Coordination Estimated time – 80%
• Assists in the initial assessment of participants’ ability to manage particular group’s dynamics based on observation and evaluation.
• Prepares goals and care plans for each participant in assigned group with input from multi-disciplinary team.
• Assesses abilities and changing needs of participants and group activities accordingly.
• Monitors participants’ physical and mental level of functioning, as well as the ability to maintain role in activities.
• Establishes appropriate goals for each individual participant.
• Assumes responsibility for safety needs of each participant within group.
• Provides personal care to participants.
• Responds to participants and caregivers with sensitivity and positive empathy.
• Verbalizes, demonstrates and implements in daily room practice, an understanding of infection control in relation to hand washing techniques, disease prevention, food handling and disposal of soiled articles.
• Refers back to team established plan of consistently implementing own role in participant care.
• Clearly documents participant care.
• Monitors and supervises work assignments volunteers and students.
Administration Estimated Time – 20%
• Monitors assistant and volunteer staff’s ability to manage group interaction.
• Participates in the development and implementation of Quality Assurance activities.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge relating to geriatric care and/or activities.
- High School Diploma or GED – REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, recreation, social services, nursing, rehabilitation or related fields from an accredited college/university. – Highly Desired
- Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) card or the ability to obtain one upon employment – Required
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a care setting for the frail and cognitively impaired elderly – Required
- Smart phone and willingness to learn/use technology – required
- 1 year or more – working with individuals with Dementia – highly desired
- Dependable and committed to improving older adults’ lives
- Time management skills
- Patience and understanding of the older adult community
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Comprehensive office experience, including excel, databases, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and drug test
Our people are passionate about what they do, the services they provide, and the clients they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right organization for you.
To Apply: Please forward Resume along with a Cover Letter to email@example.com
SRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. similarly, the following disclaimer may also be added: Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.