Seniors’ Resource Center is looking to hire four (4) Program Assistants to support our on-site services that assist older adults living independently in their homes with respite care. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
SRC is dedicated to enhancing the independence, dignity and quality of life for seniors in the Metro Denver Area and surrounding communities. We believe seniors are a vital part of our community. At SRC we provide an array of services that enable older adults to remain in their homes and thrive. Services such as in-home care and adult daytime programs provide life enriching activities and support both older adults and their caregivers. We help older adults remain independent and engaged.
Location: Wheat Ridge based
Job Type: Full time (M-F) Days 40 hours
Starting Pay: $17.00/hour
Full-Time Benefits include:
- 25 days Paid Time Off (accrued)
- 9 paid holidays
- Affordable Medical Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401K plan with match
A Brief Overview
The Program Assistant is responsible for providing routine care and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care.
What you will do
- Follows plan of care and assists participants with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, hair care, mouth care, eating, hand and toileting as assigned or needed. Documents care provided in accordance with established policies, guidelines and applicable regulations
- Carries out, reports and documents care given in an effective, timely manner.
- Participates in the care planning of participants through cooperation with the multidisciplinary teams.
- Monitors participant’s health status by taking vital signs and weights.
- Monitors appetite in addition to looking for changes in functional ability and checking skin condition while assisting with toileting.
- Monitors/assists participants in a courteous manner with meals and provides assistance with feeding as necessary.
- Assists participants with restorative and supportive care such as ambulating, positioning, transferring, skin care, catheters, oxygen and provides other aides as assigned or needed.
- Monitors participant’s health status such as vital signs, weights, skin condition, appetite and changes in functional ability and reports pertinent information to clinical supervisor in a timely manner.
- Reports any variance, accident or unusual occurrence to the appropriate personnel.
- Attends in-service and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
- Creates and participates in group(s) and one-on-one activities in accordance with daily activity calendar when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED – REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in gerontology, recreation, social services, nursing, rehabilitation or related fields from an accredited college/university. – Highly Desired
- Current and valid state issued Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license – Required
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) card or the ability to obtain one upon employment – Required
- Experience in a care setting for the frail and cognitively impaired elderly – Highly Desired
- Smart phone and willingness to learn/use technology – Required
- 1 year or more – working with individuals with Dementia – Highly Desired
- Dependable and committed to improving older adults’ lives
- Time management skills
- Patience and understanding of the older adult community
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Comprehensive office experience, including excel, databases, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Must be vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated to start – SRC is Federally funded and required to have all employees vaccinated
Our people are passionate about what they do, the services they provide, and the clients they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right organization for you.
To Apply: Please forward Resume along with a Cover Letter to email@example.com
SRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. similarly, the following disclaimer may also be added: Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.