Seniors’ Resource Center is looking for a Registered Nurse to support our on-site services that assist older adults living independently in their homes with respite care. The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for monitoring the general health of Adult Day Program clients, provides routine care, medication management and care planning for each client. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
SRC is dedicated to enhancing the independence, dignity and quality of life for seniors in the Metro Denver Area and surrounding communities. We believe seniors are a vital part of our community. At SRC we provide an array of services that enable older adults to remain in their homes and thrive. Services such as in-home care and adult daytime programs provide life enriching activities and support both older adults and their caregivers. We help older adults remain independent and engaged.
Location: Wheat Ridge based
Job Type: Full time (M-F) Days 40 hours
Starting Pay Range: $28.00 – $30.00/hour DOE
Full-Time Benefits include:
- 25 days Paid Time Off (accrued)
- 9 paid holidays
- Affordable Medical Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- 401K plan with match
A Brief Overview
Our Registered Nurse help support older adults living independently in their homes. We are looking for individuals who have a heart for older adults and are compassionate, reliable, dependable, and friendly.
What you will do
- Conduct health screening for each active participant each month or, if required, on a more frequent basis. Document visits according to program procedure.
- Evaluate the clients’ health issues and apprise the Site Supervisor of any changes or symptoms of change. Notify family or EMS as needed.
- Complete nursing duties that include but are not limited to: Medication Management, health screens, activities allowed under the Nurse Delegation regulations, toenail clipping, and other related foot care, aiding in the development of intervention/re-directing techniques appropriate for each participant based on their medical diagnosis, etc.
- Provide Personal care, monitor for exit seeking participants and participants with specific behavior that requires on-going or occasional nurse intervention, and provide general assistance to clients as necessary to aid program in providing adequate, quality care to participants.
- Assist in dispensing information regarding issues specifically related to job and known facts about the Center including, but not limited to: making presentations, preparing and releasing summarized information in written form and at meetings, memorandums, and individual personnel meetings with agency staff, as assigned.
- Writes plans of care through cooperation with the multidisciplinary teams. Assists staff with understanding what is required with regard to activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, hand and toileting as assigned or needed. Documents care provided in accordance with established policies, guidelines and applicable regulations
- Carries out, reports and documents care given in an effective, timely manner.
- Participates in the care planning of participants through cooperation with the multidisciplinary teams.
- Provides oversite of staff to monitor participant’s health status by taking vital signs and weights. Also monitors appetite, changes in functional ability and checking skin condition while assisting with toileting.
- Reports any variance, accident or unusual occurrence to the appropriate personnel.
- Facilitates caregiver support group, either in person or virtually.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado – – required
- Smart phone and willingness to learn/use technology – required
- Experience in a care setting for frail and elderly patients participating in a group environment.
- 1 year or more – working with individuals with Dementia – highly desired
- Dependable and committed to improving older adults’ lives
- Time management skills
- Patience and understanding of the older adult community
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Comprehensive office experience, including excel, databases, etc.
Our people are passionate about what they do, the services they provide, and the clients they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right organization for you.
To Apply: Please forward Resume along with a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
SRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. similarly, the following disclaimer may also be added: Note: Job descriptions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.